I’ve talked about my Household Notebook before. It was a lofty goal and one fraught with perfectionism. What I have discovered is that ONE book can’t do all I need it to do.
So here’s what I need my household notebook to do:
- I need to be able to look at a glance and see what our schooling plans are. Additionally, this needs to be a running record of what we have done for documentation purposes.
- Paper is a better choice for this. Edited on the computer and printed out is what I’m thinking.
- I’m using the Well Planned Day paper planner right now and it’s almost what I need.
- I want to plan out some specific goals for my blogs. I say that I want to do things with this blog for example but then I get sidetracked and things I intended to explore don’t get done because I don’t have written down what my plan is.
- Edited on the computer and printed out is what I will try first.
- I have a need to get things out of my head! I know things that would be useful to someone if I weren’t around at the time.
- I also want to be able to detail some cleaning routines.
- This needs to be a combination of paper and iPhone.
Girl Scout planner
- I have a Daisy/Brownie troop that I need to plan for.
- I have a troop notebook already that has all my forms and things that I HAVE to have at each meeting and I think is mostly working for me but I need to have some sort of planner for thinking through meetings, planning volunteer meetings, etc.
- Again, I’m thinking paper for brainstorming purposes.
Financial documents holder
- I need a place that financial documents can be easily found. I have a pretty extensive filing system, but I still seem to to be the only person who can find anything in it.
- This also needs to be something that has account information that can be easily accessed.
Family telephone directory
Address and phone listing and would be nice to have birthdays and anniversaries documented.
This video makes me think:
A place for journaling, notes, ideas, brainstorming
- Really this needs to be my brain on paper. What are my priorities for the week? I have a tendency to be trying to deal with whatever the “emergency” seems to be. It would be nice to get ahead and not have any emergencies.
- Somewhere to document my studies and journal.
- Right now, Google Calendar is working for us pretty well. I share the calendar with hubby and I can access it when I need it.
- Using Awesome Note on my phone right now. It’s a good but not perfect solution. I’d really like to be able to quickly set-up tasks on the computer instead of having to input everything in the phone.
- long term and short.
- Action lists.
I also want and need some of this on my iPhone. Some of it needs to be shared with my husband. Some of it purely for my use and enjoyment so it needs to be pretty and or creative.
So what about you? Do you need a planner? Do you need a hybrid planner? One planner? Several planners? What needs to be in yours? Let me know in the comments below.