- 2 cups bbq sauce (I used honey bbq sauce – whatever is on sale is fine)
- 1 10oz can of cranberry sauce
- Chicken breasts (3-4 fits perfectly in my crock pot)
I also added 4 Sweet Potatoes – more about them in the notes below.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Mix the bbq sauce and the cranberry sauce in the slow cooker
- Moo has a tendency to gag with chicken so I tenderize it by putting the pieces in zip top bags, sealing them and BEATING THE FIRE out of them with a mallet. I get a lot of frustration out like this.
- After tenderizing, put the chicken (take it out of the zip lock bags) in the sauce. Use tongs or a spoon to make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours
The verdict: Moo and I REALLY like this meal. This is the first time I added the sweet potatoes and they WERE AWESOME!!! The potatoes came out tender but not overcooked.
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.