We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
- 2 cups bbq sauce (I used honey bbq sauce – whatever is on sale is fine)
- 1 10oz can of cranberry sauce
- Chicken breasts (3-4 fits perfectly in my crock pot)
I also added 4 Sweet Potatoes – more about them in the notes below.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Mix the bbq sauce and the cranberry sauce in the slow cooker
- Moo has a tendency to gag with chicken so I tenderize it by putting the pieces in zip top bags, sealing them and BEATING THE FIRE out of them with a mallet. I get a lot of frustration out like this.
- After tenderizing, put the chicken (take it out of the zip lock bags) in the sauce. Use tongs or a spoon to make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours
The verdict: Moo and I REALLY like this meal. This is the first time I added the sweet potatoes and they WERE AWESOME!!! The potatoes came out tender but not overcooked.