We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Here’s an awesome recipe that is perfect for a cold windy day!
Cheesy Potato Soup
4 slices bacon
1 1/2 cups onion chopped
5 cups potatoes peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
32 oz chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups half and half or milk
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1. In 12 inch skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove cooked bacon from skillet and reserve bacon grease. Drain bacon on paper towels then refrigerate
2. In same skillet, brown onions over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until tender
3. Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Mix onion, potatoes, celery, broth, salt and pepper
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours
5. In small bowl, whisk flour and half and half until well blended. Stir into soup.
6. Cover and cook additional 30 minutes or until thickened
7. Stir cheese into soup until melted and smooth
8. Garnish soup with crumbled bacon.