Happy New Year

At some point on Thursday, my back went out. It was pretty bad and I was quite lopsided (I get muscle spasms and my left hip goes all funny so that I’m crooked when you look at me from the back). I left work early on Friday and went by my chiropractor’s office for an adjustment. He talked at some length about natural childbirth.

In an ideal world, I’d say that I was excited for the day when I would experience the joy and pain of childbirth and the wonder of it all. But the truth is that we live in a modern society and while I believe that pregnancy isn’t a disease, that childbirth isn’t sickness, that our bodies are well equipped to deal with the pressures – I also believe that we have many years of science that has taught us how to eliminate the pain of childbirth. In other words, I want drugs. I want all the drugs that the medical establishment will allow.

Spent the weekend of New Year’s with Moo’s parents. They live about 200 miles away on a fairly easy drive. We took our critters with us. We’ve got a mini Macaw named Cosmo and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Indy. Cosmo has been a real butt lately. He’s been cantakerous and has been screaming a lot.

I wish I knew what his issue was. It mostly started when I was working a flex schedule of 4 10 hour days and one day off. He didn’t like that schedule at all – of course, I didn’t like the schedule either. I thought he’d settle down a bit once I moved to a more normal schedule, but he’s still screaming a lot.

Anyway, we travelled 200 miles with a parrot and a corgi. Both did quite well on the journey. Once there, we were united with Moo’s sister and brother-in-law and niece and we all really had a good weekend. My inlaws are truly delightful people. I don’t say they are great people because they might be reading this (hi Mom and Dad!!) but because they truly are. After my folks passed away, they adopted me as their own and they have been just great and I couldn’t ask for better in-laws.

As the weekend progressed, my back got progressively better. It’s sore today after the long drive, but still much better. I did have one day where the nausea was really bad. I threw up a couple of times and then took some of the anti-nausea medicine the OB/GYN’s office called in for me. It worked quite well and it seemed to last into the next day as well.

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.