How am I feeling? I felt pukey this morning. There was a few minutes there that I was checking out the placement of every waste paper basket as I walked thru the office. Otherwise, I'm ok.
Why did I decide to do the pregnancy test?
- My period was late - in and of itself this isn't a guarantee with me that something should be checked. I went 47 days without a period when I had an ovarian cyst a few months ago. Additionally, I've skipped periods in the past. But over the last few months, it's been pretty reliable.
- I've been very weepy lately. I cry at the drop of a hat right now. Not at all like me. I'm more of an angry woman than a weepy woman. Over the last couple of weeks, I've sobbed like a baby over coffee commercials, sermons on podcasts, and the lack of toothpaste in the house.
- I feel "full" - not like I usually do when it's time for my period, but a little lower and a little less unpleasant.
- I'm peeing more often. I only pee like 3 or 4 times a day. Once in the morning when I get up, once around lunch time and once after I get home from work. I must have a bladder the size of Minneapolis. However, lately, I've gotten quite uncomfortable if I try to delay getting to the potty. Not like, "I will die from the pain of a bladder infection" kind of discomfort, but more like, "I really need to move towards the potty in the very near future" kind of discomfort.
- I had a "feeling" that I should check.
I took a nap on Sunday afternoon and when I awoke, I thought "I need to take a pregnancy test. Thank goodness I have two of them!" At the time I took it, I think I was thinking more like I usually do when I test that it would be confirmation that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing and I just need to keep an eye on things.
When I saw the pregnancy test, I had a hard time understanding what I was looking at. I usually see "NOT PREGNANT" on this type of test and at first, I couldn't understand where the NOT was. But the NOT was noticeably absent. At this point, I called Moo to come downstairs.
"Hey Moo. You need to come down here right now."
Moo comes down the stairs from the bedroom. I point at the bathroom. "You need to look at that and tell me what it means".
Moo told me later that he walked in expecting to see the squirrel that's been running laps in our attic dead in the bathroom. Instead, he saw a small test kit with PREGNANT in the window.